We all have favourite knitting tools that we have beside us all the time
- When we are knitting our latest project
- When we are knitting samples for fun
- When we are playing with new colours
What are the indispensable items that you like to use?
What do you keep beside you all the time?
Essentials included in mine:
- Card with yarn samples
- My tin of stitch markers
- Bamboo DPNs in several sizes – helps prevent painful wrists
- Needle Gauge
- My tin of tapestry needles
- Stretchy bandage (when my wrists are painful)
The beautiful box was bought in TK Max. I love watching out for lovely boxes.
Not Included in the photograph but usually on the table beside me:
- Books on fair isle (or the subject that I am interested in at that time)
- Graph paper
- Box of coloured pencils
- My lever arch file of charted design ideas for the samples I am knitting
- My A4 notebook where I write down what I am thinking of: notes of shaping; on which rounds; and anything that I think I need to change.
Tell me what knitting equipment you couldn’t be without.